Session 8 is a downhill mountain bike with a robust alloy frame and high-pivot suspension design that keeps you nimble, planted, and blazing fast on even the most punishing runs.
It's right for you if...
You practically live at the downhill park, and want a fast, traction-packed DH bike that can handle your gnarliest runs thanks to a suspension design that keeps you in control the whole way down.
The tech you get
A burly alloy frame, 200mm rear travel with a FOX DHX shock, 200mm RockShox Boxxer Select with plush Charger RC damper, powerful Code R 4-piston brakes, and a SRAM GX 7-speed drivetrain.
The final word
Session has always been the go-to DH bike. Now it's more of a ripper than ever thanks to new suspension design that delivers more traction, speed, and virtually no pedal kickback.
Why you'll love it
- New suspension layout with a high pivot and idler pulley increases traction, carries more speed, and reduces pedal kickback for more stability
- Virtually zero pedal kickback means you'll stay confidently planted and in control during descents—especially when landing jumps or drops
- The high pivot design delivers a more efficient rearward axle path so you'll carry more speed and your wheel won't get hung up on obstacles
- Adjust your suspension progression by flipping the lower shock mount chip—20% for plush park rides, 25% for racing efficiency
- Our new DH sizing system is based on reach, not rider height, which is the most important factor in a great downhill bike fit
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminum, high main pivot, idler pulley, integrated frame protection, internal or external routing, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ISCG 05 2-bolt mount, Active Braking Pivot, 157x12mm thru axle, 200mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox Boxxer Select, DebonAir spring, Charger RC damper, 46mm offset, 20x110mm Boost thru axle, 200mm travel|
Fox VAN Performance, 250x72.5mm
Size R1: 400lb spring
Size R2: 450lb spring
Size R3: 500lb spring
Front: Bontrager Line DH 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, 110 x 20mm Boost thru axle
Rear: Bontrager Line DH 30, Tubeless Ready, Rapid Drive 108, 6-bolt, Shimano 7 speed freehub, 157 x 12mm thru axle
|Tires||Bontrager G5 Team Issue, wire bead, 2-ply 60TPI, 29" x 2.50|
|Crankset||Truvativ Descendant DH, DUB 83, 34T steel ring, 165mm length|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, 83mm, BSA threaded|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1110, 11-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX DH, medium cage|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM PG-720, 11-25, 7-speed|
|Shifters||SRAM GX DH, 7-speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Line, alloy, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 780mm width|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Elite, nylon lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager Line Pro, 35mm, Direct Mount, 50mm length|
|Brakes||SRAM Code R 4-piston hydraulic disc, Rotor: SRAM CenterLine, 6-bolt, round edge, 180mm|
|Pedals||Wellgo BO-87B, alloy body, Cro-Mo axle, replaceable pins|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails, 138mm width|
|Seat Post||Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6mm, 0mm offset, 330mm length|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Satin Trek Black / R2||601842520895||5255842||SES28435862K|