Precaliber 24 8-Speed is a versatile kids' bike built for young adventurers who love riding off the pavement and into the dirt. It has a sturdy yet light aluminum frame with a performance suspension fork and an 8-speed drivetrain perfect for racing home from school, zipping through the woods, and riding trails and paths with family. For kids ages 8-12, between 51-59" tall.
It's right for you if...
You love exploring nature on your bike, and your kid loves adventuring with you! You're looking for a high-quality kids' bike that's comfortable, durable, and has trail-ready parts for your up-and-coming singletrack shredder.
The tech you get
A strong, lightweight aluminum frame, a simple Shimano 8-speed drivetrain that's easy for kids to handle, and a front suspension fork with 45mm of travel to absorb bumps. Plus, a kickstand, rear rack mounts, and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated taillight mount. Everything on this bike is built to last, so it'll still feel like new when handed down to younger siblings.
The final word
This rugged, high-quality bike encourages fun and skill-building on the trail. It's perfect for kids who are getting into off-road riding, with a trail-smoothing front suspension fork and an 8-speed drivetrain.
Why you'll love it
- This bike can get your youngster hooked on a lifetime hobby that's healthy, environmentally friendly, and fun
- Intuitive twist shift makes it easy for kids to switch gears when their terrain changes
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- Investing in a kids' bike from an established bike brand is worth it—Trek kids' bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes
|Frame||Alpha Silver aluminum, rack and kickstand mounts, replaceable derailleur hanger, 135x5mm QR|
|Fork||Dialed suspension, 45mm travel|
|Headset||Adjustable ball bearing, threadless|
|Rims/Wheels||24" 32-hole alloy|
Front: Alloy, 100mm bolt-on
Rear: Joytech alloy 8-speed, 135mm, nut attachment
|Spokes||14g stainless steel|
|Tires||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27TPI, 24x2.25"|
|Chainrings||32T steel ring w/double guard|
|Bottom Bracket||Square taper, 68mm, sealed cartridge|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tourney TX80|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SunRace MFM56l, 13-34, 8-speed|
|Shifters||Shimano RS45 Tourney|
|Handlebars||Bontrager kids', alloy|
|Tape/Grips||Kid's grip, 92/125mm length|
|Stem||Bontrager approved alloy, 25.4mm clamp, 15 degree rise, 60mm|
|Brake Levers||Kids', alloy|
|Pedals||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Saddle||Kid's padded, integrated seatpost, with handle|
|Accessories & Extras||Kickstand|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Trek Black / 24-inch||601842134511||586619||PRE30472507K|